Who are we?
Sanlam Investments Multi Manager researches, identifies, blends and manages portfolios that give you access to the best investment managers, with the aim of achieving the best possible returns at the appropriate level of risk. We design and blend unique portfolios based on a deep understanding of our clients’ investment aims and a fundamental insight into how they perceive risk. By developing a mutual understanding of their investment aim and philosophy we are able to assist them in achieving their investment goals in the long run.
What will you do?
Performs secretarial and general office duties (telephone calls, filing of confidential correspondence, typing et cetera) for divisional General Manager’s. Manages calendar and independently schedules appointments. Screens incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently when possible. Arranges events or conferences by arranging for facilities and caterer, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers. Prepares records such as agenda, notices, minutes and resolutions for corporate meetings. Arranges travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings.
What will make you successful in this role?
You will be successful in the role should you be able to:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO of the Multi Manager as well as the investment team
- Act as”Gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO of the Multi Manager where appropriate
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed
- Determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response
- Provide a bridge for communication between within the broader Multi Manager department, as well as other departments within Sanlam Investments and cross cluster
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO and the investment teams to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment
- Interact effectively and professionally with clients
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including, drafting correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead
Qualification and Experience
Grade 12 and Diploma/Certificate with 4 to 5 years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Manages various Stakeholder queries and support
Communicates effectively – Stage 2
Plans and aligns – Stage 2
Action orientated – Stage 2
Optimises work processes – Stage 2
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation – Stage 2
Customer focus – Stage 2
Drives results – Stage 2
Collaborates – Stage 2
Being resilient – Stage 2
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.